Join our Team
The Program Coordinator is a senior staff member of the Abbey Retreat Centre, supporting the organizational vision and mission to create healing spaces and community for people living with cancer. Abbey Retreat Centre is known for going above and beyond in ensuring that no one has to face cancer alone.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director and working closely with the Communications Coordinator, the Program Coordinator ensures that all aspects of programming are aligned with Abbey Retreat Centre’s strategic priorities.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing Abbey Retreat Centre’s growing online and in-person cancer support programs, including local initiatives and facilitation training.
As a key member of a collaborative staff team the Program Coordinator is committed to being part of a caring, growing, and creative organization. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, people-oriented individual with the ability to quickly switch between program-specific details and excellent listening skills.
This position is subject to the policies of the Abbey Retreat Centre.
Competencies and Skills:
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skill in program planning
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of the impact of cancer on individuals and families
- Highly organized, with excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- High degree of proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Drive, Zoom and comfort in learning other applications as needed
- Experience with staff training and management
- Enjoys working with a community of diverse individuals
- Manages all cancer support programming of the Abbey Retreat Centre
- Ensures policies and best practices for program delivery are implemented and current
- Oversees the development of the annual program schedule
- Works closely with the Communication Coordinator to ensure all waitlists and registration communications are timely, caring, and professional
- Ensures Communications Coordinator has up-to-date marketing information
- Ensures program inventory supplies and materials are current
- Participates in program leadership on discretionary basis
- Ensures that all programs are evaluated and improvements are made in response to feedback
- Chairs the Program Committee and is responsible for leading its initiatives
- Assists with new program development as needed in collaboration with designers
- Ensures that all programming requirements outlined in grants are met
- Leads monthly Community of Practice online meetings for facilitators
- Coordinates the staffing and volunteer needs of all programming
- Oversees the implementation of the facilitator training program
- Manages facilitators, including coordinating job descriptions, contracts, performance and evaluation processes
- Creates the program budget in collaboration with the program committee and staff
- Ensures the program budget is followed
Employment type: Part-time (to begin) Permanent
Benefits: Hybrid work
Anticipated workday: Weekdays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., some evenings or weekends
Work location: Abbey Retreat Centre (1150 Garden Gate Dr, Algonquin Highlands) and work-from-home options
Reports to: Executive Director
Performance review: Annual performance review by Executive Director